Province dates back to the M.Ö.7000 year. Nevşehir 'Land of Beautiful Horses' means (Persian Katpatuka) is located in the center of the Cappadocia region. The region as the Hittites, Phrygians, Assyrians, Persians, Romans, Byzantines, Seljuks and Ottomans were dominant.
Cappadocia, the M.S. From the 3rd century it has been one of the most important centers of Christianity. In the 11th and 12th century it became the Seljuk rule.
1071 Turkish villages in the region, the city began to be established after the victory Muskara the name is given.
The name was changed to Nevsehir Province on 1725. Nevşehirli time Grand Vizier Damat Ibrahim Pasha undertaken to major public act; soup kitchens, mosques, madrasas and fountains are made.
Nevsehir; On July 20, 1954. Law No. 6429 has achieved the status of the province.